Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Alicia's Mary Janes

Awww....I had to do this as a post because I found the idea from another blog "The Frugal Life"


This little pair of shoes were a favorite "Mary Jane" that Alicia loved and when she outgrew them I could not just throw them away.  So, I made a few drain holes with the use of a hammer and a paneling nail, put some enriched potting soil and planted some "Hens and Chicks" in them. 

 I will be doing this with others that are more decorative but these were her favorites. They were a toddler size 5 and she has grown alot since these little shoes....she is in a toddler size 7 right now.

adorable!


I hope they last a long time.  It's a great idea and like I said,  I'll be doing this again.....she has a little pair of the red glittery ones featured in my other blog.







Have a great evening all and let me know if you plant something in your little ones old shoes, I would love to see them.

Patty













1 comment:

  1. this is toooo cute! My daughter has a pair of the red glitter ones...I had not thought of doing this...thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete